Sigvaris Compression Stockings
Call to book your FREE consultation TODAY!
Chronic venous disease
Chronic venous disease is a common condition that affects the veins in the legs. These veins are responsible of sending the blood back to the heart. Normal veins have valves that open and close to direct the blood from the surface of the legs towards the deep leg veins, from which the calf muscle pumps the blood back to the heart.
If the valves in these veins fail to work properly, there is a blockage or the calf muscles don’t work properly, blood will flow backwards and pool in the legs. The pooled blood can then increase the pressure in the affected veins.
Symptoms of chronic venous insufficiency:
- Heavy and tired legs
- Painfull and aching legs
- Leg swelling
- Visible leg veins (spider, reticular and varicose)
- Skin changes
- Venous ulcers
Is there a condition which a client cannot wear compression stockings:
- Arterial insufficiency
- Uncontrolled heart failure
- Active infection of the limb
**Consult your healthcare provider and ask them if compression stockings are right for you.
Compression stockings compress the calf muscle to help push the blood back to the heart more effectively for clients who have venous insufficiency.
This will reduce blood pooling in the lower leg and reduce the pressure in the vein system to slow down the progression of the disease.
At CPH Modern Beauty, we have a Certified Sigvaris compression stocking fitter.
How does it work ?
- Ask your primary healthcare provider (Doctor, Nurse Practitioner) for a compression stocking prescription
- Contact us to book an appointment for compression stocking fitting and order
Are they covered by my healthcare plan?
- Compression stockings are covered by most healthcare plans, they usually cover 80% and 2 pairs per year. Some even cover up to 6 pairs for years.